You better grab a handful of napkins ‘cause this classic Philadelphia favorite is just oozing with flavor. Mr. Food went to the source to get their tricks on how to perfect an authentic Roast Pork Sandwich. You won’t want to miss out.
Cooking Time: 2 hr 25 min
- 3 1/4 pounds boneless pork butt roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce ) package fresh spinach (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus extra for seasoning roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus extra for seasoning roast
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pork in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains. Cool meat 15 to 20 minutes, remove from roasting pan, and slice thinly.
- Place beef broth in a small skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In another skillet, sauté spinach with oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on each hoagie roll. Using tongs, dip meat slices into beef broth and place on top of cheese. Top with sautéed spinach and spoon extra beef broth onto each roll. Serve immediately.