Imagine the treat for your senses, when you bite into our taste bud pleasing melt-in-your-mouth Traditional Baking Powder Biscuits. This old favorite shouts comfort!
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add shortening and beat with an electric mixer on low speed 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk and mix about 1 minute, or until dough is formed.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Pull dough apart into 12 equal pieces and drop pieces onto baking sheet, distributing evenly. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.