Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder. just until warmed.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half the vegetables, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.