We love pulling out all the stops when it comes to impressing company, and nothing could be easier than this Dressed-Up Pie! N.Y. Times best-selling cookbook authors Karen Tack & Alan Richardson of the "Hello, Cupcake!" series share some easy garnishing tips to make us holiday heroes.
Cooking Time: 55 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into pie plate and crimping edges.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat with a whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 40 to 50 additional minutes, on until center is set. Let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.