Earn your own berry-licious blue ribbon when you bake up our tapioca Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie. Tapioca pearls are the secret ingredient that make this one an easy-as-pie winning dessert.
Baking Time: 50 min
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, tapioca, 3/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix well and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll 1 pastry crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into crust. Unroll remaining crust and place on top of mixture; seal, and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust, brush with egg, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place a pan under pie so it won’t drip in the oven. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is golden.
If you like Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie, try our Apple-Blueberry Crunch, too!