If you love down-home macaroni and cheese then you’ll love our macaroni and cheese soup. This comfort food in a bowl cooks up warm and creamy for kids of all ages to enjoy.
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the peas and carrots, the macaroni from the packaged mix (reserving the cheese packet), the salt and pepper. Return to a boil, cover loosely, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the reserved cheese packet. Reduce the heat to medium, cover loosely, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until hot and creamy, stirring occasionally.