Need a star entry for your holiday cookie platter? Add some holiday cookie cheer with our Holly Crackles. They’re bite-sized wreath-shaped cookies that look as good as they taste – and they always disappear in a flash.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 30 large marshmallows (a 10-ounce bag contains 38 to 40)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons green food color
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- Red-hot cinnamon candies, for decorating
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon food color and the vanilla. Add more food color, if desired. Stir in cornflakes.
- Drop mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto wax paper. Decorate with candies. Let stand 30 minutes, or until cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.
You can make these an Easter or springtime treat, too. Use pastel food color and jelly beans and call them Birds' Nests!