Just what is mincemeat? The modern-day version is a combo of spices, nuts, and chopped fruits. The flavor is old-fashioned but our Old Fashioned Steamed Pudding recipe fits our today tastes to a “T.”
Cooking Time: 3 hr
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20-1/2-ounce) container mincemeat with rum and brandy
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, milk, and eggs until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Fill a large soup pot halfway with hot water and place the pan in the pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2-1/2 hours. Remove pan from pot and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Uncover and invert pudding onto a serving platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.