Melt-in-your-mouth Oatmeal Bars are a healthy cookie option that taste so good, no one will even realize how wholesome and nutritious they are!
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.
- Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut again.