Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash that we think you'll like. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, bell pepper, and onion over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add macaroni, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted; serve.