Fresh spinach adds that touch of elegance to heart-healthy salmon fillets. Our Salmon Florentine sounds fancy, but this easy fish recipe is as at home for a weeknight meal as it is super for a company meal.
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle salmon fillets with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until salmon flakes evenly with a fork. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; stir in garlic, spinach, lemon juice, and basil, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Arrange on platter with salmon, and serve immediately.