Any time you're in the mood for a great ham recipe, whether for the holidays or just a weeknight, they'll go hog wild for Anytime Ham, our semi-boneless ham casserole. Everything bakes up in one pan for easy cleanup, too.
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) smoked semi-boneless ham
- 1 (29-ounce) can yams, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole white potatoes, drained
- 1 (29-ounce) can peach halves in heavy syrup, drained and syrup reserved
- 1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves in heavy syrup, drained and syrup reserved
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim ham of all excess fat and place cut-side down in a large roasting pan. Bake 45 minutes then drain off any pan drippings and reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place yams, white potatoes, peaches, and apricots in a large bowl and toss gently; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup reserved peach syrup, 1/2 cup reserved apricot syrup, the maple syrup, dry mustard, and ginger; bring to a boil over medium-high heat then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons remaining reserved apricot or peach syrup with the cornstarch and add to hot syrup mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Place potatoes and fruit around ham and pour syrup mixture over everything. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, uncovered, basting occasionally.