What's the twist to making a family favorite like tacos become a new meal idea? Instead of traditional taco shells, we use refrigerated crescent rolls to create a Taco Ring that's as at home as a main dish as it is a fiesta-style party appetizer.
Cooking Time: 40 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning; add water according to package directions. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Add cheese, stirring until it melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Place wide end of triangles in center of pizza pan, forming a ring, overlapping dough as necessary. Spoon meat mixture into center of each triangle. Bring smaller ends of triangles over meat, tucking ends under.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden. Serve warm.