With all the smoky flavors of chicken made on the grill, our Oven Barbecued Chicken recipe is a super option when the weather doesn’t permit cooking outdoors. Moist and tender, tangy and flavorful, this one will have 'em licking their fingers.
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skin removed (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
ell with the chicken skin left on.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with flour, coating evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour evenly over chicken and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes then uncover and bake 30 to 35 more minutes, or until the juices run clear and no pink remains.
NOTE: We usually remove the skin from the chicken because it reduces the fat in this dish, but the recipe works just as w