Bake sales are wonderful fundraisers for causes close to our hearts, and these melt-in-your-mouth ribbon-shaped Pink Ribbon sugar cookies were created especially with Breast Cancer Awareness events in mind. Even if you aren't having a bake sale, these are great for sharing.
Yields: about 3 dozen cookies
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Form dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a ribbon cookie cutter or a knife, cut ribbon shapes out of dough (see photo). Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting and red food color; mix well then frost cooled cookies.