Our recipe for Fruit Cocktail Cake uses light fruit cocktail to make this a moist, delicious cake. This is a pretty straightforward recipe, so it's the perfect way to get the kids to help you stir things up in the kitchen.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can light fruit cocktail, drained, with juice reserved
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat flour, brown sugar, butter, the reserved juice, egg substitute, baking soda, and salt for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Stir in fruit cocktail.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely then cut into squares and serve.