Imagine making an old-fashioned tasting Apple Bread Pudding in a slow cooker! Talk about an easy way to make a from-scratch favorite, even when you’re busy. This prize-winner lets your slow cooker do all the work, and the comforting result is your tasty reward.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 8 slices white bread, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 cups peeled and chopped cooking apples
- Whipped cream for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and brown sugar; mix well.
2. In a 4-quart slow cooker, starting with the bread mixture, alternate layers with the chopped apples.
3. Cover and cook on high 1-1/2 hours, or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped cream.
If you're as big a fan of warm and gooey bread pudding as we are, here's one you're sure to love!