This elegant and easy recipe for prime rib shouts company fancy. And with our currant jelly glaze, this spectacular beef dinner is a meal that’ll make you feel like a restaurant chef!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless beef rib eye roast
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup currant jelly
- CURRANT SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Place roast in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well then rub over meat. Roast for 1 hour.
- Brush 1/3 cup currant jelly over meat; roast 20 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 150 degrees F. for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
- Remove roast to a cutting board and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before carving across the grain.
- Meanwhile, make Currant Sauce by melting 1/2 cup currant jelly in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in wine, cornstarch, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Serve over roast.