A traditional Kwanzaa dish, Jerk-Style Chicken is packed with flavor that your family is sure to celebrate all year long.
Marinating Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon dried jerk seasoning
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soy sauce, oil, rum, jerk seasoning, and onion; mix well. Add chicken, turning to coat well.
- Cover and marinate chicken in the refrigerator at least 4 hours (or up to 24 hours), turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Discard any remaining marinade and bake chicken 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.