Don’t wait for Valentine’s Day to impress those you love with your Cupid’s Chocolate Cake. Yes, it’s perfect for scoring a bull’s eye to their hearts, but love can be in the air anytime, and this one will always deliver a heavenly result.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 drops red food color
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 large strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, strawberry jam, and red food color until well mixed. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- Frost top of cooled cake, cover, and refrigerate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries half way in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter to let chocolate harden. When ready to serve, cut cake into squares and top each with a strawberry.