It's said that "there's a Pot of Gold at the end of every rainbow." Well, this colorful gelatin dessert is sure to add sunshine and a rainbow of color to your taste buds and your table!
Chilling Time: 8 hr
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (4-serving size) package orange-flavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 (4-serving size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare the strawberry and orange gelatins separately by dissolving each in 1 cup boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water to each then pour each into an 8-inch square pan.
- Chill about 1-1/2 hours, or until firm, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin and sugar in 1 cup boiling water and stir in orange juice; chill until slightly thickened (about 30 minutes). Stir in pineapple tidbits and whipped topping; mix well. Fold in gelatin cubes and pour into a 10-inch tube pan. Chill 6 to 8 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, dip tube pan three-quarters of the way up the sides in hot water for 10 seconds and invert quickly over a serving plate that is larger than the pan. Gently shake to loosen the dessert from the pan. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.