Celebrate Mardi Gras and the tastes of the “Bayou” with our easy recipe for Mardi Gras Jambalaya anytime you want a hearty stew to stick-to-their-ribs.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage or andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green or red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked.