Edible bowls make it easy for our gang to clean their plates! This hearty homemade Bread Bowl Chili served up in individual Kaiser rolls is as fun to make as it is to eat. Don't forget to keep this idea in mind for stews and chowders, too!
Cooking Time: 40 min
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 ounce envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 Kaiser rolls
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
- Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.