This recipe for classic down-home cheese grits is chock-full of sharp Cheddar cheese. Cheesy Grits fit any meal of the day ’cause they go with everything and always satisfy!
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white or yellow grits
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and butter; stir until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or place in a sprayed muffin tin and chill. Just before serving, heat in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.