Our lighthearted tribute to the “best of the best” of backwoods country cooking really shines in our Hillbilly Ribs recipe. This is down-home cookin’ that’ll guarantee a full house at the table.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 40 min
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown ribs on all sides 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium and drain off excess liquid. Pour sauce mixture over ribs, partially cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until ribs are cooked through and tender, turning occasionally.