Some recipes are just treasures, and none has been more popular around the Mr. Food Test Kitchen than this one for chicken. Aptly named Treasure Chest Chicken, it is a combo of unexpected flavors and textures that takes your taste buds to faraway lands.
Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 55 min
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Add chicken to bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken skin-side up in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve topped with pan juices.