Even if you’ve had a great Reuben Sandwich before, we urge you to try our version of The Ultimate Reuben...as it’s truly a cut above the rest. Whether you cook it in a slow cooker or on the stovetop, this scrumptious open-face sandwich will have all eyes smiling, Irish or not!
Cooking Time: 1 min
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef, cooked according to package directions (See Note)
- 6 slices potato or rye bread
- 3/4 cup Russian dressing, divided
- 1 (27-ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- While corned beef is still warm, slice thickly across grain.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and evenly spread each slice with half of Russian dressing. Evenly top each with sauerkraut, corned beef, remaining Russian dressing, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- For easy instructions on how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker, click here.
- If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can cook your corned beef in a soup pot with enough water to cover, simmering for about 1 hour per pound or until tender.
- We just can't imagine eating a delicious deli sandwich without pickles! Try making our easy, crunchy Simple Homemade Pickles.