Is it possible to make a restaurant-style dish like Chicken Francese at home? You bet it is. Our easy recipe for this lemony flavored fresh-tasting chicken main dish is a cinch.
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, parsley, and salt; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip chicken in flour mixture then in eggs, coating completely.
- Sauté chicken, in batches if necessary, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Add any remaining butter, vermouth, and lemon juice to pan; mix well and return cooked chicken to skillet.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken and no pink remains in chicken. Serve chicken with sauce.