Yes, it’s true, hot foods and spices do help our bodies naturally cool down. Our zesty south-of-the-border Chicken Burrito Soup might do just that, plus it’s a fiesta for your taste buds.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-x 3-inch strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.
- This soup can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. And feel free to substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and shredded Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar. It's up to you!
- Why not team this up with our Quick Tres Leches for a delicious and authentic dessert!