Take your taste buds to a "Little Italy" bakery when you make our easy cannoli-inspired cheesecake. Every forkful of this creamy, rich Cannoli Cheesecake will earn you a thumbs up!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped almonds, and melted butter; press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool. (Leave the oven on.)
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine ricotta cheese, yogurt, sugar, flour, almond extract, and orange zest until well combined; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Stir in ricotta mixture and chocolate chips until well combined. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool 30 to 45 minutes, then refrigerate overnight before serving.