This totally awesome recipe for Shells & Veggie Toss is is in honor of Mr. Food's incredible talk with Crush the famous turtle "dude" from the movie "Finding Nemo!" Don't miss our "Taste of Disney" series visit to Epcot's "The Seas With Nemo and Friends" and enjoy this one as a go-along or main dish meal.
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and red pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Add tomatoes and spinach and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Toss with warm pasta shells and serve immediately.