Ever wonder why the iced tea at a restaurant always seems to taste crisper and more flavorful than your version at home? Well, there is a simple secret to how that happens and we’re sharing it in our recipe for Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
- 7 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups
waterto a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into 1/2-gallon container and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.