Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown with salt and pepper. Drain off excess liquid then add carrot, onion, green pepper, and garlic. 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sauce and oregano, loosely cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook according to package directions; drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Stir basil into sauce and pour over pasta, toss to coat, and serve immediately.