No need to decide between pear or apple when you're craving a fruity in-season dessert! Make our Fall Harvest Cobbler, and you can have 'em both! Dried cranberries add an extra burst of flavor in this warm and cozy autumn favorite.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a soup pot, combine sugar, , nutmeg, and 1-3/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in apples, pears, cranberries, and lemon juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining . Slowly pour into fruit mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with spray. Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.