Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (see Notes)
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork butt, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons masa harina (see Notes)
- In a pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beef, pork, cumin, salt, and pepper, and cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Stir in beef broth, chili powder, and oregano; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Add the masa harina; stir well.
- Cover and continue to simmer over low heat 1 hour, or until is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Read more athttp://www.mrfood.com/Chili/Secret-Recipe-Chili#KBKxKJKocPlH2lQq.99