Zesty ground pork and crunchy almonds add a tasty contrast of flavors and textures to a store-bought stuffing mix. This "make it your own" version of Holiday Sausage Stuffing is perfect to team with your turkey for your holiday entertaining.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 1 tablespoon 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Add sausage and mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender; drain, if necessary, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broth, stuffing, and almonds, if desired; mix well. Add remaining butter, the sausage mixture, and the egg; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.