1 pound (about 2 pieces) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (4-ounce) jar diced red pepper, drained
2 tablespoons onion soup mix
1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place catfish on baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Let cool and break into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine fish, spinach, cheese, red peppers, and soup mix until thoroughly combined.
- Unfold each puff pastry onto a large baking sheet. Spoon half of the catfish mixture lengthwise down the center of each pastry sheet. Cut slits one inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling on both sheets of pastry. Braid dough over filling, overlapping to form “X” shapes.
- Spray tops with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400°F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
|For more catfish recipes and information visit www.uscatfish.com