Chocolate, bananas and whipped topping are the tasty trio of flavors and textures that add up to this fun and great-looking cake. We call it Banana Bungalow because of its shape. You’ll call it your favorite dessert recipe!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 large bananas, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Pour the prepared
cakebatter into pan and bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then invert onto a large platter. Trim 1/8 inch off edges all around cake then cut crosswise into 3 equal sections, each measuring 5" x 10", and leave in place.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping for frosting. Spread some remaining whipped topping over middle section of cake, completely covering it. Lay 2 bananas parallel to each other over whipped topping. Spoon more whipped topping over bananas then place third banana on top. Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Gently bring up 2 side pieces of cake from outer edges to form bungalow roof. Frost cake with reserved whipped topping then grate cake trimmings over whipped topping to garnish.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour then slice and serve.
If you love this recipe, check out our other unique desserts!