Sayre, Pa. (WBNG Binghamton) An Obesity Prevention and Awareness Health Fair will be held June 7 to promote healthy living.
The fair will have family-friendly activities, health screenings and demonstrations from Guthrie specialists.
The fair will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot and lobby of the Guthrie Weight Loss Center on Lockhart Street in Sayre.
The health fair will also feature seminars to learn more about healthy living and a presentation by Bradford County Coroner Tom Carman on “Common Prescription Drugs and Street Drugs in Our Area.”
Parking is available in the main visitors parking lot on the Guthrie Sayre campus and a complimentary shuttle service to the Guthrie Weight Loss Center will be available.
Health screens available at the fair include:
- BMI and weight circumference by Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Foot evaluation by Guthrie Podiatry (Elise Nelsen)
- Blood pressure screening by Guthrie Cardiology
- Diabetes risk asessment by Guthrie Diabetes Center
- Epsworth sleepiness scale by Guthrie Sleep Center
- Dartfish movement analysis for runners by Guthrie Rehabilitation services
- Lung cancer screening, pre-screen and smoking cessation information by Guthrie Cancer Center
- Vision, glaucoma and cataract checks by Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
Family-friendly activities and demonstrations will be presented by:
- Athens Township Parks and Recreation Commission
- Athens Wesleyan Church - VBS Sports Camp
- Cornell Cooperative
- Cub Scouts Pack 4018
- Energizing Body Shop Spa and Therapeutic Massage
- Girl Scouts of NYPenn Pathways
- Greater Valley EMS - free helmet checks and bicycle safety
- Horn Family Chiropractic
- InspireFit - Piloxing and & PiYo
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Penn State Extension
- ProCare Fitness - plank and battle ropes challenge
- Russell Sprouts Farm
- The Healthy Rainbow
- The Nutrition Group
- Tioga Tae Kwon Do
- Valley Running Club
- Valley Youth Soccer Association
- Venture Crew 105 - climbing wall
- Waverly Parks and Recreation
- Waverly Police Department and Waverly School District - camouflage fitness
- Weight Watchers
For more information, click here.