(WBNG Binghamton) The American Red Cross Southern Tier Chapter will host a Babysitter’s Training class for youth ages 11 to 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8, at the Southern Tier Chapter office in Endicott.
According to a news release:
Babysitting is often a teenager’s first business. Babysitter’s Training from the American Red Cross builds confidence to hold, feed, and care for infants and toddlers, work with children safely, and deal with emergencies. It also teaches lifelong entrepreneurial and career development skills.
The fun, fast-paced class includes hands-on activities, videos, role-plays, take-home training materials and discussion that will teach the teenager how to:
• Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding.
• Choose age-appropriate games and toys.
• Handle bedtime and disciplinary issues.
• Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries, and care for common injuries and emergencies.
• Communicate effectively with parents.
• Find and interview for babysitting jobs.
The cost of the class is $85.00, and the student will receive a Babysitter’s Training Certificate from the American Red Cross. The Southern Tier Chapter is located at 620 E. Main St., Endicott.
Class size is limited. To register, call 1-800-733-2767.