(WBNG Binghamton) The Broome County Health Department will be hosting a Health and Safety Day in its parking lot at 225 Front Street Binghamton, on Saturday, July 28, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
According to a news release:
The event will include:
• Free Child Safety Seat Checks - Have your child safety seat checked by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. No appointment is necessary. Checks are done on a first come, first served basis. Parents and caregivers should bring their child, the car seat, the car seat manual and the vehicle manual. Replacement car seats may be distributed if the car seat is expired, recalled or deemed unsafe. Replacement car seats will ONLY be given if the child is present.
• Broome County WIC Program - New income eligibility guidelines! Stop by to speak with a staff member to see if you and your family now qualify. There will be free educational materials and giveaways as well as fun activities for kids.
• Emergency Preparedness Division will be providing guidance on how to make an emergency preparedness kit for your family. Many preparedness materials will be available along with on-site registration for NY-Alert, the County’s free emergency notification system. NY-Alert allows residents to select the types of emergency information they would like to receive and customize delivery methods such as emails or text messages.
• Clinics Division – Receive information on what immunizations you and your family need, school schedules, immunization safety and more.
• Environmental Health Division – Receive free information about childhood lead prevention, rabies, and Lyme disease.
• Free Child Safe ID Cards - The Broome County Sheriff's Office will be conducting their Operation Safe Child Program. These identification cards help assist law enforcement in locating a reported lost or missing child.
• Magic 101.7 Live Broadcast.
• Improv Dads - Russ The BIG Guy will be providing kid-friendly entertainment including caricatures and music.