(WBNG Binghamton) City of Binghamton officials and representatives of the Binghamton Philharmonic on Tuesday announced a monthly outdoor ensemble concert series that will take place from May to October.
“This partnership is another way that we’re enriching the community through the arts,” said Mayor Matt Ryan. “Much like the Pops on the River concerts of past years, this series aims to make Binghamton that much more of a destination for residents and visitors alike. The City is very proud to play a role in hosting this series, and we encourage citizens to come out and enjoy it.”
According to a news release:
The ensemble concert series will coincide with community events, such as the Greater Binghamton Bridge Run on May 5th and the First Friday Art Walk in June, August, September and October. Please see below for the concert listing:
• May: The Brass Ensemble will play on Sunday, May 5th, from 9:00—10:00am at Rec Park (the half-way mark for the Greater Binghamton Bridge Run).
• June: The String Ensemble will play on Friday, June 7th, from 6:00—7:00pm at Confluence Park.
• July: The Percussion Ensemble will play on Sunday, July 14th, from 2:00—3:00pm on the River Trails a part of JulyFest/Jazz Fest.
• August: The Wind Ensemble will play on Friday, August 2nd, from 6:00—7:00pm at the Peacemakers Stage, just north of the Court Street Bridge.
• September: The Brass Ensemble will play on Friday, September 6th, from 6:00—7:00pm at the Peacemakers Stage.
• October: The Percussion Ensemble will play on Friday, October 4th, from 6:00—7:00pm at the MetroCenter. (Location is tentative.)