Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Lourdes Hospital, UHS and Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield are excited about the response to our Inaugural Greater Binghamton Bridge Run Half Marathon & 5K Race.
The Greater Binghamton Bridge Run Half Marathon and 5K races will take place on Sunday, May 15, 2011.
The start and finish of each race will take place at NYSEG Stadium, home of the Binghamton Mets.
The race courses will travel throughout the downtown area and runners will cross four historic bridges in Binghamton including the Court St., Clinton St., Tompkins St. and South Washington St. bridges.
The Half Marathon Race (13.1 miles) has reached 1,000 runners; the 5K Race (3.1 miles) will reach 800 runners by race day.
Runners come from 11 U.S. States (Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia) and the United Kingdom.
And the number of female runners outnumbers the male runners.
Date: Sunday, May 15, 2011
Time: 7:30 a.m. Half Marathon Start
9:30 a.m. 5K Start
10:45 a.m. Course closes for both races
11:00 a.m. Awards Ceremony at NYSEG Stadium
Place: NYSEG Stadium – Start/Finish Line for both Races
Event: 1st Annual Greater Binghamton Bridge Run Half Marathon & 5K
Events: Refer to the attachment in e-mail.
Race Course Maps: Refer to the attachments in e-mail.
Traffic Information for the Greater Binghamton Bridge Run
Sunday, May 15, 2011
These will be in effect from 7:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Traffic will be restricted in the following areas:
• Westbound traffic on Clinton Street
• Southbound traffic on Glenwood Avenue until after all half marathon runners pass.
• Eastbound traffic on Main Street from Crestmont Road to Court Street and from Court Street to Tompkins Street.
• Southbound on Tompkins Street
• Westbound traffic on Conklin Avenue
• Coming off Rivertrail to Court Street and from Court Street to Front Street
• Southbound on Front Street
• Westbound on Riverside Drive to West End Avenue
• Northbound from West End Avenue to Highland Avenue
• Eastbound on Highland Avenue to Beethoven Street
• Southbound on Beethoven Street to Seminary Avenue
• Eastbound on Seminary Avenue from Beethoven Street to Laurel Avenue
• Northbound on Laurel Avenue from Seminary Avenue to Schubert Street
• Westbound on Schubert Street from Laurel Avenue to Schiller Street
• No traffic on Schiller Street from Grand Avenue to Crestmont Road
• Northbound on Crestmont Road from Grand Ave to Main Street
• Eastbound from Crestmont Road to Court Street and from Court to Fayette Street
• Northbound on Fayette Street from Court Street to NYSEG Stadium.