Fire in Endicott

By Dave Greber
By Casey Killian
By Matt Hicks

July 4, 2012 Updated Oct 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM EDT

Village of Endicott, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A house catches fire in Endicott Wednesday evening.

It took about an hour for crews to battle the blaze.

Just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Endicott crews were called to 2101 Buffalo St. on a report of an attic fire.

In addition to Endicott, crews were called from the Town of Union and West Corners.

An investigator was called to the scene at approximately 4:45 p.m.

Investigators say the fire started from an outdoor grill or stove that had an electrical malfunction. The fire then spread to the home and up to the roof.

Investigators say the inside of the home was not damaged, but is not habitable at this time.

The investigation continues.