House Fire in Kirkwood

By WBNG News

House Fire in Kirkwood

March 27, 2012 Updated Mar 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM EDT

Kirkwood, NY (WBNG Binghamton) An early morning house fire in Kirkwood is ruled accidental.

The call to 16 High Street came in at just before 5:30 this morning.

When our cameras arrived shortly after, the fire was out.

Crews tell Action News they got it under control once they arrived.

Four people were home at the time of the fire, they all made it out safely. The Red Cross is helping them now.

The front of the home looks to have sustained heavy damage.

"It was a quick knock down. A little trouble getting to the fire, but once we got to it, it was put out in a matter of minutes," said Five Mile Point Fire Chief, Michael Kuruc Jr.

Five Mile Point, Kirkwood, Conklin and West Windsor all responded.

Broome County Fire Investigators say an electrical outlet malfunctioned, starting the blaze.