Spark on School Bus Spreads Fire to Garage

By Alice Maggiore
By Bill Webster

Spark on School Bus Spreads Fire to Garage

March 8, 2012 Updated Mar 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM EST

Deposit, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A fire started on a Deposit school bus, and spread to the district's garage.

The Deposit Fire Department responded to the Deposit Central School District's bus garage on Wheeler Street around 8:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Investigators say the fire was electrical in nature.

It spread to the the building, but firefighters had it out within 15 minutes.

There were no injuries, and only minor damage to the building.

The buses were parked for the evening.

School operations were unaffected by the incident.