Body shop destroyed by fire

By Haley Burton

November 4, 2013 Updated Nov 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM EST

Spencer, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Firefighters from three counties respond to fire at a Spencer business that started after a car hit a telephone pole.

The Spencer Fire Department said around 7:30 a.m. Monday, a car hit a telephone pole in the area of 366 Ithaca Road.

The pole and wires fell on Walters Body Shop thus sparking the fire.

As of 11 a.m., fire crews from Tioga, Tompkins and Chemung counties were still putting out the hot spots.

The body shop is considered a total loss. The fire caused minimal damage to the siding of a home next door.

No one was injured in the fire.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.