Candle sparks living room fire

By Erika Mahoney

Candle sparks living room fire

September 28, 2013 Updated Sep 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM EDT

Town of Maine (WBNG Binghamton) The living room of a mobile home was destroyed after a fire on Edson Road in the town of Maine.

According to Town of Maine Fire Chief Lou Richardson, a candle left burning on an end table caused the fire.

Several emergency crews responded to the fire just after 10 p.m. Friday night.

Richardson said a woman and several children were evacuated, and no one was injured.

He also said the living room was destroyed and there was smoke damage throughout the home.