Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) An electronic cigarette is to blame for a fire last week on the south side of Binghamton.
A failure of the cigarette's battery while it was charging sparked the fire at 19 Newton Avenue on Tuesday, according to the Binghamton Fire Marshal.
The home received heavy smoke and water damage. Crews were able to put out the flames in 15 minutes.
There was one person at home at the time of the fire, and he was able to escape safely. No one was injured.
The fire marshal has ruled the fire accidental.