Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) The Binghamton Fire Department responded to a fire at the Belmar Pub on Main Street in Binghamton Saturday night.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 9:30 p.m. with flames being put out within minutes.
Binghamton Fire Marshal ruled the cause accidental and said the grease fire started on a grill.
The fire department said people inside saw the fire coming from the pub's kitchen.
"We're extremely luck that Binghamton has a great set of professional firefighters that saved my business, the building, the animals inside, the people inside," said Ed Hickey, owner of the Belmar.
Hickey said there is significant damage to the kitchen, but described it as cosmetic.
"Who cares about the money we lost," said Hickey. "We're lucky to have a business, lucky to have no injuries at all."
Update: Belmar Pub has reopened, but the kitchen is closed due to the fire.